Saturday, June 14, 2014

Black bean burger and Bisquick cake!


I whipped up these black bean burgers and baked them in the oven. I served them with grilled onions doused in bbq sauce. They were pretty good.


Aaaaand, I played around with Bisquick again and made a cake! I used a recipe from the vintage Bisquick cookbook. It was for the "Velvet Crumb Cake" in which I substituted the 1 egg with 1 TB of cornstarch. I think I will try a different egg sub next time. Not much rise on this cake. I added finely chopped dark chocolate to the batter.


Very moist and tasty with a cup of tea or coffee.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks ,,,,,,,,,,

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to try out the 'Orange chocolate' cake which was featured on your blog many years ago.

And...I'd like to try out a chocolate cake with fresh rose petals/fresh essence/rose water. Chocolate plus Rose (must make sure the Rose is fresh and natural) is amazing!

I can live on rice, curries (the ones you make with coconut milk are delicious), coffee and dessert! :)

kmouse said...

Anon, Do you mean the orange chocolate "jaffa" cake? That was SO GOOD! Thanks for reminding me, I have to make it again!

Curries are the best.

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes! It looks sooo good. I should make it too. Perfect to eat while watching 'North and South' with Richard Armitage! :)

kmouse said...

Richard Armitage yum yum! ;)