Thursday, August 28, 2014

More Montreal deliciousness: AUX VIVRES RESTAURANT and other vegan snacks.


When in Montreal, you must stop by Aux Vivres for an all vegan meal.


First up we tried the cornbread with veggie "butter". The cornbread was very tasty and on the savory side.


Soup of the day was a yellow dahl.


BLT Caesar for me which was ok. I'm not used to having a caesar salad without romaine lettuce. It did have some interesting "coconut bacon" which I rather liked.


For dessert, cappucino and blueberry "uncheesecake". Yum!


Snack attack! Forget about name brand potato chips. My fave are the all dressed generic brand (99 cents!) from Jean Coutu.


I was able to find vegan friendly items at IGA, my fave supermarket when in Mtl.


Shopping on St. Denis, I had to check out Cremerie Meu Meu for soy ice cream! My outfit even matched the shopfront.


I was a happy mouse with a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of peanut butter.


Homemade food by our friend Rob. Perfect potatoes.


He even made veggie burgers for me! One of our most memorable meals. Dinner with friends is always special.


Paragon restaurant in St. Leonard. Vegetarian submarine sandwich, no cheese no sauce. It has grilled onions, mushrooms and bell peppers. So tasty!

No comments: