Thursday, April 9, 2015

Veggie Dogs.

There is something really satisfying about a chili dog. I grew up eating them all the time. At the time of course, we'd open up a can of meat chili, plop it into a pot to heat up and served it over a Farmer John weiner in a bun. It was really good and comforting. Now as a vegan, I can still enjoy a good ol' chili dog. I made my chili from scratch because veggie chili from a can is horrible. The dogs I like are Lightlife Smart Dogs. They are the same brand used by Dodger Stadium, except they use the Jumbo style. They are wonderful. Here's to baseball season which has already begun!


One chili dog and one regular dog with all the fixin's.


On the side: Pickled onion made by our friend Gary. They are GOOD!

2 comments:

Vic Robinson said...

Look at that chilli!!! Yum! :)

vegan.in.brighton said...

Okay now I really want a hot dog! I can't wait to get back to the US and get reacquainted with my fave' Smart Dogs.