Sunday, August 23, 2015

Broccoli Rice Casserole, Garlic Cheesy Bread and Mocha Blueberry Cake.


Last week I made this broccoli rice casserole following one of those old Campbell's recipes. Instead of cream of mushroom soup, I used Imagine portobello mushroom soup. It was good. Next time I'll add more soup and more salt.


Saw this pull apart cheesebread recipe going around that I had to make vegan. You basically melt Earth Balance, add garlic and scallions. Then you pour this mixture into the crevices of your cut up bread loaf. Wrap it in foil and bake for 10 minutes at 350 F. Then unwrap and fill with cheese, then bake for another 15 minutes unwrapped at about 400 F.


It's totally doable!


Delicious and so bad for you! I probably ate most of it on my own. The guilt!


And for weekend dessert, mocha blueberry cake! I used this recipe. I used blueberry instead of plain yogurt so mine had a hint of blueberry flavor.


It is intensely coffee flavored. The dark chocolate drizzle is a must to balance out the strong coffee.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woah! Look at that...I must make the cake!

Jeffkevin walker said...

Awesome! I am loving this mocha blueberry cake a lot. I am not a vegan but I eat some vegan foods likeAmazonia Raw Vegan Protein and choco chip as they are good for health. Such a Nice post, thanks for sharing.